Thursday, June 18, 2020

Travel version of Teej! πŸ’•

Follow me on Insta @videshmeindesigirl
Quarantine Diaries : Listing my sari experiences from the past...
Oct 2019

It’s hartalika teej and today I returned home to Chicago from my all girls New York trip.. this trip was planned since a few months ago and i totally forgot that i needed to check for teej ..
Well.. since hubby dear is a college sweetheart too πŸ’• i wanted to get his opinion .. when i told him i was in a dilemma whether to go or not when i found out that teej was today .. and mind you.. in the last 19 yrs of our marriage have not missed any .. he was more than accommodating when he said you should go and do a travel version of teej.. respect and love for my chosen one reached a new level .. πŸ₯°πŸ˜ this is the man i choose to live with about 25 yrs ago.. ( 19 yrs of marriage + 4 years of college .. + 1 yr of job πŸ€— ) never forced me to fast or follow anything that I don’t believe in.. hubby is from Rajasthan where they do karvachauth and I am from Jharkhad ( BOKARO steel city ) where from childhood I have seen my mom do Teej .. so these are the 2 fasts I do without failπŸ˜‡!
So.. last 3 days were great times enjoying the much needed freedom from work and house chores and just rejuvenating friendships with my besties .. painting the town RED πŸ’ƒ and then i fly home today to celebrate teej.. fasted today .. started the fast with “I will drink water and maybe eat some nuts and coffee / tea as needed .. till 4 pm was all good and in the flight started feeling dizzy and ended up doing what the need of time was.. has a coffe and some almonds ..
just prayed in my mind that goddess Parvati and lord shiva will understand my love for hubby and will bestow their blessings none the less...
Hubby dear was there to pick me up at the airport .. went to temple .. came home and did pooja .. hubby was the one who recited the teej katha .. katha says hartalika means a friend who kidnapped goddess Parvati to the jungle and there she did severe fasting to get Shiva .. well there was some connection .. i was with all my girl friends and today 2 of us were fasting πŸ’•
Legs are paining (not the age for high heels πŸ‘  head is hurting due sleepless nights the endless stories .. giggles.. laughter .. opinions .. gyan.. and walking aimlessly the streets of NY .. and still i am proud of us that we wanted to fast .. and did it !!! πŸ€—πŸ˜‡
Modern times need for being content and flexible in carrying the traditions and our culture ahead ..and i feel good that i was able to create my Travel version of Teej today!
Wore my all time fav orange color blended with my fav red color gorgette saree that I 🧑 and earrings from my beautiful friend Ramani Deolalikar .. bangles from pune ka street shopping from my last India trip! This saree has small golden jeweled pipes as booties which makes it bright and Shiny !! ✨
Bitiya rani was more than happy to click some pics .. Somehow everything came together .. where there is a will there is a way!! And while seeing the pics had a hard time choosing the one .. so 3 of them Here .. even though the first one has my tummy bulging .. πŸ˜ƒ time to get back to gym and remove all the cakes and pasties and cocktails 🍹in sweat!! Made sooji ka halwa for prasad!




No comments:

Post a Comment