Monday, June 8, 2020

The Rushed India trip 2019


Follow me on Insta @videshmeindesigirl
Quarantine Diaries : Listing my sari experiences from the past...
Oct 2019



A visit to my fav place Rajasthan .. not the best planned trip.. nonetheless.. have been in India for about a month now .. took the flight to India in an hour notice since dad was unwell in Ranchi and mom was anxious and troubled .. I have spend 20 Days non stop in hospital Icu and ward with him.. taking care of every small detail ..
Finally all is trending towards progress so he was discharged .. being the only daughter I had to step up and did not know that I had it it me to handle it in a new place and specially all the hospital relates stuff .. with emotions soaring high.. need your prayers and well wishes so he recovers fully .. still there is a lot of monitoring and care needed ..
My motto was take it one day at a time .. positive thoughts only .. and it did work .. managed talking to multiple doctors, learning online about what was going on .. taking decisions on behalf of my family .. being the son my parents never had . Was attendant to My daddy strongest who was looking pale and weakest as ever , motivating mom who was disoriented and in shock .. trying to adjust to a new place, specially India where processes are so different , managing working remote to support Chicago hrs , video calls to my teenager who needed no one else but me when she needed me .. khudos to supportive in-laws & relatives and work .. needless to say it was a learning but all for the greater good!!
Looks like everything is stable now and I have decided to head back to my 16 yr old, precious and super supportive hubby and my Chicago ..daughter duties done and now daughter-in-law duties calls .. this is my happy place 💓
So time to move from mayaka to sasuraal to meet my sis in law in Pune for a few hrs and then my in laws in Rajasthan (Churu) before I head home! Quality time spent with my mom in law .. much needed love and emotional support from them is a blessing 🥰
Managed to get a crepe silk saree from my mother in law's closet.. no blouse here that fits me 😃 so a lukhnow embroidered top and a big maroorn bindi just did the trick for me .. a smile on my face after a long time .. thanks to the saree Ka magic 🥰


No comments:

Post a Comment