Thursday, October 7, 2021

Navratri 2021 - Yellow day

 

 


Happy Navratri everyone! πŸ’›πŸ™

Navratri has started .. well it’s still Durga pooja for me when I look back at my childhood days.. it is such a huge thing for us back home .. my Bokaro days flash before my eyes .. the pundals, the pooja, pushpanjali, chanda ikattha karna from a month ago, prep for cultural programs, everyday pooja and pushpanjali.. just pure socialization in pundals .. kids putting up stalls .. and us wearing new clothes almost everyday of the pooja after khasti ( 6th day) and khichdi and sindoor khela .. sab yaad aa gaya … papa used to put mahalaya jaap early morning today .. missing home πŸ™ƒ !!! 

I did not even know about garbha or dandiya during my childhood days..  I got introduced to all the jazz associated with Navratri of dancing on garbha & dandiya tunes to live music in Mumbai and Pune .. and am so thankful for that.. our India has such diversity that even in the celebrations of festivals across all states there’s so much fun! 

To remember the days back home wrapped up a yellow saree in the eve - bandani gorgette silk  and chiffon half and half saree .. an online buy for my cousins marriage a few yrs back ! Still love the brightness and cheer it brings when I wear it !

This mantra outlines the omnipresent nature of Goddess Durga. Chanting this mantra can help one’s inner power to deal with any sort of situation in life. It also encourages the development of just positive thoughts in one’s mind.

 Ya devi sarva bhuteshu, shanti rupena sangsthita

Ya devi sarva bhuteshu, shakti rupena sangsthita

Ya devi sarva bhuteshu, matri rupena sangsthita

Yaa devi sarva bhuteshu, buddhi rupena sangsthita

Namastasyai, namastasyai, namastasyai, namo namaha..

No comments:

Post a Comment