Monday, August 16, 2021

Happy 75th India's independence Day!


      

                    
🇮🇳 Jai Hind .. 💕   yes, even though my karam bhoomi is Chicago I am a proud Indian at heart and no one can take that away from me 💕🤩🇮🇳

Felt great to be featured in Chicago Tribune.. :-) 

How many times have you faced this challenge if you are an Indian living overseas.. does that even make sense when people judge you for being away from your motherland and question your Indian-ness or your American-ness for that matter.. my response : ignore those trolls and just take pride in our origin 🇮🇳 our values and our invaluable connection 💕🇮🇳💕 At the same time we are in this land of dreams and salute to all the good things that this country has given us, there is so much to learn here,  one imp thing that I believe in is to "Be true to yourself " rest will follow..

This day comes a day after my birthday and during school days I always thought why was I not born a day late .. little did I know that is not in the hands of my mom ☺️..So yes, after celebrating my birthday yesterday super tiered and all exhausted in the Chicago downtown for a good 10+ hrs of non stop fun.. ( thx hubby for planning my special day !!! You scored a 💯) I was like I will just celebrate India’s Independence Day from home this day ..

And then comes my saree speak friend Tannavi’s message that she is heading to our neighborhood India day celebrations .. and my antennas went up.. just got hold of the nearest saree in my closet that reflected India’s rangeela spirit and here I was enjoying every moment of it 💕🤩💕

A chiffon tie and dye saree with gota embroidery patchwork and beautiful border of brockade, this is my repeat saree but looks brand new and so apt for today !! 
🇮🇳 met so many of my fellow Indians and got such good compliments for my look and my saree..




                              JAI HIND !!





                       











No comments:

Post a Comment