Tuesday, August 25, 2020

The Annnual Chicago Tradition : Satyanarayan Katha

 When it’s orange skies and the color reflects in your saree it’s just the best feeling in the world .. 



During these times a lot of us are trying to do their best but it is natural to feel gloomy and few low .. we are humans .. at the same time make sure you uplift your spirits by thinking of all the positives that come along too.. as I was discussing with one of my saree sakhees the other day! 

 My inner ज्ञान mode was on this Monday .. 

I live in the moment ..  ..जो बीत गयी वह बात गयी!  I always look what I have and what can be done  .. that’s just my perspective on life .. we all make some decisions that may or may not end up being in our favor .. This is how I see it .. it’s not mistakes .. don’t call them mistakes .. it’s life experiences and I value them since they make us who we are today .. what is right /wrong is very perspective and context driven.. if some one else is judgmental that’s not my problem .. that’s his / her problem! 🤪 and please don’t make your problem my problem! 💕

आज के लिए थोड़ा ज्यादा ज्ञान हो गया !!!!  .. but felt like I can share it .. it keeps me going .. why not help some of the others too.. 

Saree of the day was : orange silk I think with heavy embroidery in the border .. it’s a gift my from MIL when I went last dec to India .. specially bought for my annual Satayanarayana katha here in Chicago .. we did it this year too without my regular dhoom dharaka .. bhagam bhag .. it was a unique experience with just the 3 of us and Pundit ji and mere Bhagwan ji! 🤩 







I still decked up as have done every year .. the bangles .. the nath .. the maangtika ... the jewellery.. do what you can .. right? .. made me feel Good ! 






Evening prasad had my Neighborhood families in my backyard and loved every moment of sharing the prasad .. still in process of stepping out every eve in mask to deliver satnarayan katha prasad to those who I could not call due to COVID times .. !

No comments:

Post a Comment