Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sindur Khela 2019

Follow me on Insta @videshmeindesigirl
Quarantine Diaries : Listing my sari experiences from the past...

Dec 2019

Happy smiles was the theme for this Sunday .. my hometown Bokaro Steel City in Jharkhand, is very influenced by West Bengal .. so I have seen Durga Pooja from my childhood days.. from the time I could actually remember things .. then I moved across the southern part of India for higher studeid and central India for work and my hubby being from the western part of India, I missed my Durga Pooja days. We came to chicago a while back and i always missed my durga puja here even more for some reason.. so when I saw that In Chicago this event‘s location was very nearby to my home.. I was just ecstatic .. after a very long time I saw Maa Durga in all its glory .. the pandal .. the stalls & witnessed the same passion for pujo that I missed all these years .. I was on cloud 9 today .. all my childhood memories just flashed before my eyes .. it was a very emotional moment ..
In addition .. meeting similar minded sakhees was also a motivation to come for sindoor khela .. it turned out to be a mini saree speak event 💕
I think I marketed saree speak and wearing saree to at least a dozen if not Less and I could do it so effortlessly since I truly believe in it ..
please let me know in comments and I can do the rest!
When you believe in something and are passionate about it , life becomes so much more easy and manageable.😍
“Are you all girls meeting for the first time? “ a couple of the girls there asked us when we were standing in line for the sindoor arpan to ma Durga.. My answer : no no .. a couple of us haven’t met each other face to face .. but we chat virtually .. gearing up to our saree speak 19th oct event .. “
"Realllly !! Looks like you girls have been friends forever !! " - Cannot tell you how blessed I felt when in heard this.. its indeed destiny to meet like minded friends here in home away from home.
That’s what our bond has become now .. our love for this six yards of pure bliss has made our hearts come together and we have found new friendships and a new meaning for life ... 💕 since the time this saree speak event has become more inclusive for all women .. I feel I have started believing in this a lot more ..
What is a tradition or a culture which does not include everyone!!! .. 😊
A repeat sari, beautiful color combo of royal red and electric blue with a beautiful heavy colorful border in my fav flowy chiffon .. silver bootis(motifs) which shine and glitter to give the white & red effect that I wanted from my saree for sindoor khela 😍 , don’t remember how many compliments I got from random ladies there for my saree 😇😇🙏
Sindoor and smiles on our saree Sakhee faces should say it all!! We took like a gazillion pics .. need to sort through a lot more on my phone camera roll to find my perfect one .. but I love my imperfections to be proud of them as well so here are some of my perfect and imperfect pics for your eyes only 😘 !! ðŸĪĐðŸĪŠ



No comments:

Post a Comment