In a Silk saree gifted by my dearest friend Pallavi Revanna before she left for India .. so this holds a special place in my heart.. when I wrap this it feels like I have her warmth and memories of our good times together by my side .. such is the power and magic of gifts and sarees for me
Yesterday I wore this saree .. because apparently “going to your friends house whose name is again guess what Pallavi Tadakamalla …
for her “Tamboolam / haldi kumkum” is now a perfectly valid reason to behave like the a diva character! 

No wedding.
No anniversary.
No milestone birthday.
Just thamboolam, haldi kumkum, culture, tradition … and an embroidered silk saree that was calling me out of waiting in the closet! 

And here’s today’s SareeSpeak lesson:
Ladies, STOP saving your sarees for a “special occasion.”
You ARE the occasion. 
Wear the Kanjeevaram on a Tuesday.
Put on the jhumkas to go grocery shopping.
Use the fancy perfume because… why not?
And please, for heaven’s sake, stop saying “I’ll wear it when I lose 10 pounds.” 
That saree has been waiting longer than your diet has!
Life is too short for “some day” outfits.
So today, I wore my fav saree, received blessings, gave loads of blessings… and probably eating a few more home made ladoos than I planned. 

Saree rule #1:
If it makes you feel beautiful, wear it.
Saree rule #2:
If someone asks, “Where are you going?” — say, “Nowhere special. That’s the point!” 



No comments:
Post a Comment